Want to be a BPS Officer?
Bureau of Protective Services officers receive some of the most specialized training in law enforcement in such areas as x-ray and magnetometer, closed circuit camera surveillance, and bomb recognition.
All BPS Officers undergo 12 weeks of intensive training at the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy (CJA) before beginning their law enforcement careers.
Why choose BPS?
There are many reasons why you should choose the SC Highway Patrol:
Do you qualify?
- At least 21 years of age before day one of Basic Training.
- You must have a valid South Carolina Driver’s License or a valid Driver’s License from your current State.
- US Citizen
- High School Graduate or GED
- 20/20 vision OR no more than 20/100 corrected to 20/20
- NO CRIMINAL RECORD
- Driving record shall be clear of any suspension for the last 5 years as a result of alcoholic beverage or dangerous drug violation, or leaving the scene of an accident. The overall driving record will be evaluated placing emphasis on the severity, date and age, time span, and number of violations accumulated.
- Must be able to perform all of the essential and marginal job functions of a SCDPS Law Enforcement Officer.