The mission of the South Carolina Highway Patrol is to provide equitable service and protection, and uphold the laws of the constitutions of the United States and the State of South Carolina in order to promote a safe and secure environment for the public.
The personnel of the South Carolina State Highway Patrol recognize that to achieve our mission, policies and programs must be developed that allow us to:
- Serve the public in a dedicated, honest, reasonable, and professional manner.
- Assist, direct, educate, and counsel the public in matters consistent with our mission.
- Reduce the number and severity of traffic collisions through the diligent enforcement of all traffic laws and promotion of traffic safety.
- Cooperate and communicate with other law enforcement agencies in our common objectives.
- Respond to emergencies and disasters with all available resources.
- Be accountable and manage all allocated resources effectively and efficiently.