STEP 1: Before You Apply
The Bureau of Protective Services is currently accepting applications. Please read ALL instructions on this page carefully before applying.
- Benefits and Salary
- Employment Disqualifiers and Tattoo Policy
- Credit Standards
- Physical Ability Test (PAT)
- Out of State Applicants
- Residency Requirements Policy (PDF)
- Helpful Hints and Rejection Criteria
Submitting Your Application
Once you have read and agreed to the disqualifiers and residency requirements in the links above:
- Go to careers.sc.gov to submit your application and follow the steps below.
- Click on “Search Openings.”
- Check "Law Enforcement" under Filter, Job Categories next to the Search bar.
- Enter "BPS Officer" in the Search field.
- Click the "Law Enforcement Officer I (BPS Officer)" listing and click the green "Apply" button on the top right of the job description page. (You will need to set up an account with a username and password BEFORE you apply.)
- Please fill out all information on the application, and ensure you have a valid email address included, as all correspondence will be done through email.