Before you or someone you know takes a golf cart for a drive, be sure to follow the checklist below:
- The golf cart must be insured, permitted, and registered with SCDMV using the following link, http://scdmvonline.com/Vehicle-Owners/Types-Of-Vehicles/Golf-Cart.
- The golf cart must remain within 4 miles of an address listed on the SCDMV permit.
- The golf cart may be operated on roads with posted speeds of 35 mph or less.
- The golf cart may be operated during daylight hours only.
- The driver must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver’s license.