STEP 1: Before You Apply
The State Transport Police is currently accepting applications. Please read ALL instructions on this page carefully before applying.
- Benefits and Salary
- Employment Disqualifiers and Tattoo Policy
- Credit Standards
- Physical Ability Test (PAT)
- Out-of-State Applicants
- Residency Requirements Policy (PDF)
- Helpful Hints and Rejection Criteria
Submitting Your Application
Once you have read and agreed to the disqualifiers and residency requirements in the links above:
- Go to careers.sc.gov to submit your application and follow the steps below.
- Click on “Search Openings.”
- Check "Law Enforcement" under Filter, Job Categories next to the Search bar.
- Enter "State Transport Police Officer" in the Search field.
- Click the "State Transport Police Officer" listing and click the green "Apply" button on the top right of the job description page. (You will need to set up an account with a username and password BEFORE you apply.)
- Please fill out all information on the application, and ensure you have a valid email address included, as all correspondence will be done through email.