Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina

Justice Assistance Grant Program

Overview and Award Schedule

The purpose of the Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program is to assist state agencies and units of local government in carrying out specific programs, which offer a high probability of improving the functioning of the criminal justice system. JAG funds may be used to provide additional personnel, equipment, supplies, contractual support, training, technical assistance, and information systems for criminal justice purposes. Eight authorized federal program areas define the nature and scope of eligible programs and projects. Sub-grantees must provide 10 percent program cost in the form of a cash match, with the other 90 percent of the amount covered by federal. The due date for FFY 2023 JAG applications submitted to the South Carolina Department of Public Safety (SCDPS), Office of Highway Safety and Justice Programs (OHSJP) is Friday, March 25, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Please review the JAG Solicitation document below for program details.

Application and Forms

2023 Grant Solicitation Workshop Materials and Available Resources: 

Application Tools

Other Resources